"This is a dream I had about one of those girls. My most recent one was actually this morning which I guess is what is making me so miserable today. Anyway, as soon as I had the dream I wrote it down, as I usually do with my dreams, and I figured I would let you see it for some reason. I guess I just want others to know my thoughts and try to understand me a little. Ironically, I'm not friends with the people I knew from college now."
- Dieter
Exiting a Past Friendship.
I was walking with some people I knew. Just two people from college. It was a guy who I guess I was OK friends with, we helped each other out with projects and such but never hung out after college or spoke outside. Also there was his girlfriend who I had spoke to once or twice but I wouldn't say she was a friend. More an aquaintence.
So the three of us were just walking out of some building with a large open door in front of us, the sun shining through but on a murky day. There was a few other people who were walling in and out of the door but I didn't recognize any of them. But suddenly I did notice one girl who I knew instantly. The girl who had plagued my life as well as my dreams for years and years to come I fear. The name I will never forget in my life.
She walked towards me and I made eye contact. Something about me knew that she would try talk to me. She had a slight smile on. Nothing smarmy, more of glad.
In my mind I tried to figure out what I would do. Would I talk to her and try make things much better? Or would I ignore her? The seconds were counting down very fast I couldn't think clearly and I was getting frustrated in my mind until it came. The moment of my decision was now.
As she walked past me I felt her hand grab hold of my arm softly. I felt my eyes open wide in confusion and shock. In a moment of panic or sudden realization I just quickly flicked my arm up knocking her away. I didn't look back at her and just kept walking. Did I do that because it's all over? Does this mean that I'm really over her? If so, why was I dreaming about her out of the blue when I hadn't thought about her in so long.
As I woke up and thought about it, I felt miserable. Just like every time I dream about her.
No comments:
Post a Comment