Thursday, 14 February 2013

The Japanese Play

"To go with the topic of dreams my previous posts have been about, I figured I would share one with you which I had almost two years ago. It's not my best work at writing as I quickly tried to get it all down as soon as I had woken up from it. Honestly speaking, this dream scared the hell out of me. Even though the way they die is something so stupid it is on par with comical, everything leading up to it was weird, mysterious and just psychologically frightening."
                                                                          - Dieter


THE JAPANESE PLAY



I was in a celebration, like a small play but I was just watching from the back. It must have been a rehearsal of some sort because it seemed like I was the only one there. The lead in the play was a beautiful Japanese woman dressed in a gorgeous geisha dress which was red and had shiny silver sequins in amazing patterns. Her face had white make up all over, rose red lipstick and black eyeliner. Her hair was long and black and done up in the tradition Japanese Kabuki style. She was beautiful.
She sat in a seat against the back wall of the stage under different colored spotlights. the other actors came out who were dressed as Japanese soldiers outfits. They only stood out on the stage for about five seconds before leaving out a doorway covered in strips of clear plastic sheeting. I walked over to the small roomed stage and looked at the woman in the chair. I smiled at her as if to say 'good luck with all my heart.' She smiled back as if to say 'I love you.' From here I could tell that we were in love.
As I walked towards the door about five or six people pushed past me who looked like they were drunk or just really hyperactive. They went to the stage and started dancing under the spotlights. After a few seconds a rising, painful, high-pitch note came out of nowhere and the people suddenly exploded into small amounts of glitter one by one. The girl and I stared as they disappeared into glitter and landed slowly on the floor. I walked back to the other side of the stage where I was before. The girl got up out of the chair and followed me back.
Next to me I saw a glowing multicolored puddle on the floor. Circled around it was a group of people all holding champaign glasses trying to scrape up the remains of what was left and drinking all they could. Afterwards the hype started again and they got up and started to dance under the spotlights. The familiar, painful sound started up again as they burst into glitter one by one.

The next part was like I had some kind of black out because all I remember next was I was smiling and laughing and was holding the Japanese lady on my back as I ran around the room. It was at this time I felt truly in love and extremely happy with her. the memories of those people dying just didn't seem to register to me at that time, like I didn't care.  I never wanted thigns to change between us, As we were messing about and holding each other in the floor a couple ran past us, a middle aged English man and a young Asian woman both dressed in business suits. We for some reason ignored them both as we were too excited and happy to care about whats happening in the rest of the world.
We got back to the small stage room with the glowing puddle to find the Englishman knelt down by it holding a half full champaign glass with the strange liquid dripping off of it and his hand. I viciously asked if he had drank any, like my memories of the deaths had somehow come back and I was trying to prevent it like some kind of hero. He scaredly replied with and insistent no. In my mind, I knew he was lying. The scared look in his eyes like he just realized he did something wrong but was too afraid to admit to it. I didn't bother with him anymore as his wife came in looking worried and held onto his arm asking if he had drank any.
My girlfriend looked worried as we held each other.
The man worriedly said things were fine and that we had to get out of here. He got up and looked at the spotlights. That same scared look appeared in his eyes once again. At that moment I knew that that man wouldn't be leaving with us. As much as I didn't want it to happen I couldn't have done anything to prevent it. It was inevitable.

The man walked slowly towards the stage. He looked worried but tried so hard to hide it. He looked at this wife, at us, then back to his wife. She gave him a look of pure fear. On the stage he put one foot on and tried to edge his way around avoiding the lights. Across the stage was the only way out. From his eyes I could see he was on the edge of despair  ready to just give up and run. Eventually he made it across to the other side seemingly unharmed. As he walked towards the back door a sigh of relief was heard and a smile cracked on his face. The girl and the lady both looked shocked and happy that he had made it across. My emotions didn't change at all as I closed my eyes and the saddening, deadly note was played. As the the man was half way through the back door, he disappeared. The woman in red held me tighter, scared. But the business woman just stared at the door horrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment